Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Annotated Bibliography


 “Facts for Features: Fathers Day.” Census Bureau. U.S. Dept. of Commerce, 2 May 2012. Web. 18 Nov. 2012.
     I plan on using this site because it has many of the facts that are pertinent to my paper. The Census Bureau is a trusted source that has long established itself for accurate and extensive information. I’m using this site and the charts attached to show the increase of stay at home dads over the last decade, and why that is important in this new day and age.

Healy, Christopher. Pop Culture: The Sane Man’s Guide to the Insane World of Fatherhood.  New York: Penguin, 2006. EBSCOHost eBook Collection. Web. 18 Nov. 2012.

This ebook shows fatherhood in the same sort of context that I’m trying to oppose in my paper. By using fathers as a laughable construct instead of creating a capable and constructive ideal of fatherhood. The basis of this belief is one of the problems with the medias and Americas view of fathers and men. I’ll be using this as a counterpoint in my paper, proving that one can be competent and a father at the same time.

Tucker, Patrick. “Stay-at-Home-Dads.” Futurist 39.5 (2005): 12-13. Academic Search Complete. Web. 18 Nov. 2012.

I’m not exactly sure what I’m going to use from this paper. Maybe some statistics on stay at home fathers that the census website didn’t cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment